Description & Nature of the Project
The project idea has been jointly developed by the partners having in mind the common challenges that the SMEs of the region are facing, and in order to jointly develop an ecosystem that nurtures entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs. The challenges that triggered this initiative are:
- lack of horizontal and personalized support services for providing guidance and support mechanisms for making the use out of funding opportunities. To be addressed through the development of an entrepreneurship support system.
- limited access of entrepreneurs to business know-how, as knowledge is not shared and ‘spilled over’ effect does not benefit horizontally all enterprises as it is usually limited amongst innovators. To be addressed through knowledge and knowhow exchange tools.
- limited access to general information and contacts, as not all enterprises have access to the same up to date information sources. To be addressed through awareness raising activities and use of informative tools and channels.
- lack of support services for developing competitive products-services. To be addressed through the development of an entrepreneurship support system.
- lack of access/know-how regarding cost saving technologies. To be addressed via horizontal and personalized support services.
- inadequate human development and skills. To be addressed through activities enhancing skills and capabilities on thematics relevant to entrepreneurial knowledge.
- lack of collaboration